How does dynamic content work? - can we use this for language and personalised elements?
Yes, you can do any of the following:
- Duplicate the row and target based on the language property of your customer - https://support.intilery.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360019559939-Targeting-Dynamic-Content-In-Emails
- Create a dynamic content block with different languages https://support.intilery.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360017433919-Create-dynamic-content-and-row-conditions
- Use mergetags to create personalised blocks
- Use dynamic images, add an image then change the image to be “dynamic” (tick box in the UI) and have different images based on a customer property
Could you explain how Dynamic Audiences work?
Customers are added/removed from audiences as events are tracked against the customer. E.g.: -
- Given an audience “has opened email in past 7 days”, any customer that opens an email is entered into the audience, they are automatically removed from the audience 7 days later (assuming they do not open an email again)
- Given a more complex audience of “has purchased a policy for an e-bike and value is >£3,000 and has not purchased accident insurance”, this is based on whether the customer has done this things. The audience can be based on properties of the customer or events that the customer does. We recommend segmenting based on events rather than properties of the customer per se. for example, purchasing a policy is an event rather than a property – see our guide on setting up event tracking https://docs.intilery.com/docs/guides/protocols