Intilery’s Schema helps define the journey for a customer as they browse your store, click on promotions, view products, add those products to a cart, and complete a purchase.
Note: The convention in the UK is to call the cart a "basket", keeping to the Segment spec "basket" is called a "cart"
The Intilery schema provides guidance on meaningful data to capture, and the best format for it, across all of Intilery's libraries and APIs. If you implement Intilery using these formats, it’s simple to utilise your data within the Intilery CDP and Customer Engagement Platform.
The schema can be added to your account within the Intilery platform.
Click on Schema on the left-hand side of the panel.
Next, click on Managed Predefined Schemas
This will trigger the predefined schema to appear on the right-hand side.
Click on the slide to add the to your account.
You will need to enable the e-commerce schema for your account, the schema is maintained by Intilery however, you can extend the schema to add your own properties, but currently you will not be able to remove them.
- The schema defines the traits of your customers and properties of your events
- Default events are already configured
- You need to add in any custom traits and events (and their properties)
- Either configure using the UI or send an event and then use the UI to approve that event/trait
- All events are recorded against the customer record
- You will need the appropriate permission/role