You can upload events to import historical data or add additional information about customers and their interactions from the Customers > Upload Events dialog.
This expects a CSV file with:
- The first line should contain the names of the fields to upload the data into as Entity.Property (case insensitive).
- The first field should have the Customer.Email field.
- Only existing properties will be imported as defined in the models.
- Use a field called __eventAction to indicate the event action.
- Use a field called __happenedAt to indicate the date time of the action.
- Existing property values will be overwritten on the import.
- Segments, SCV properties will be updated and programmes will be triggered.
Dates should be ISO8601 formatted: YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss or YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss.SSS and are assumed to be UTC.
To avoid or limit which programmes are triggered you can include a field called __meta.programmes which would contain a comma separated list of document ids for programmes they wish to be triggered.
There are 3 cases:
- Column "__META.PROGRAMMES" does not exist in the .csv file => All programmes will trigger as normal
- Column "__META.PROGRAMMES" exists in .csv file but is empty => No programmes will trigger
- Column "__META.PROGRAMMES" exists in .csv and contains ids for programmes => ONLY programmes with ids in this column will be triggered.
(The programme triggering is obviously still dependent on the event action and event data actually being relevant int he first place)